Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Craig Dufresne
As a Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Craig Dufresne earned his medical degree from Columbia University and completed his general surgery training at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Medical Institutions. He completed his plastic surgery training at the Institute of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery / New York University Medical Center. He also pursued fellowship training in craniofacial and microvascular surgery at New York University Medical Center.
Dr. Craig Dufresne has delivered over 160 presentations and exhibits, co-authored 36 papers and 40 book chapters, published book and article reviews, and conducted research grants and projects in the past 30 years. He has been appointed to academic and institutional positions and visiting professorships at the National Institutes of Health as well as hospitals, universities and clinics in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. He has also appeared on documentaries and other television specials. His work has earned him dozens of academic and non-academic awards.
Dr. Craig Dufresne is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the International Craniomaxillofacial Society and is a member of several other prestigious medical societies, including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the American Medical Association, the American Cleft Lip and Palate Society, the John Staige Davis Society and the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons. He has served as or is currently a committee or board member of many of these societies.
American Board of Plastic Surgery
- MD,Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY (1977)
- Joseph Garrison Parker Award
- BA, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT (1973)
- Summa cum laude with departmental honors in Zoology
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- President of the Premedical and Predental Society
- Co-chairman of the New England Regional Premedical Symposium
- Internship and Surgical Residencies– Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Thoracic Registrar– Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, England
- Junior and Senior Plastic Surgery Residencies– New York University Medical Center / Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Microvascular Fellowship– New York University Medical Center / Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Craniofacial Fellowship– New York University Medical Center / Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery– Georgetown University Medical Center
- Clinical Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery– Johns Hopkins University and Medical Institutions
- Director of the Craniofacial Program– INOVA Fairfax Hospital For Children
Dr. Dufresne has been Section Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at INOVA Fairfax Hospital, Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery at The Johns Hopkins University and Medical Institutions, Director of the Facial Rehabilitation Center at the Childrens Hospital and The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, and Director of the Ear Deformity Clinic for The Johns Hopkins Hospital. He has also been the Chief of Plastic Surgery Service at the Loch Raven VA Medical Center and an Attending Consultant at the University of Maryland and Maryland Institute of Emergency Medical Services (MIEMS – Shock Trauma Center of Baltimore).
For more information, click here to visit Dr. Dufresne’s website